Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy Little Bee

Let me just say...I have been museum hopping like it's going out of style.
Today alone I hit 6. (Thank-you Balboa Park.)

A couple of weekends ago it was the Mingei in Escondido (by the way, if you pay for admission there, you get a free ticket for their Balboa branch). They were having an exhibit on armadillo art. Silly sounding? Yes. But some really great pieces. Along with some by Niki de Saint Phalle, who is one of my faves.

After that, I shot out to the coast and popped into the Surf museum in Oceanside. Headed up to OPT (the camera/telescope store that also has a mini gallery in the basement. Some cool things there by a guy named Michael Vander Vorst.

I should be able to load some pics. soon. (I know the rules--but I took some anyways...and of the outside of the buildings and whatnot.)

Today, Balboa, which I will elaborate on later. Mingei, MOPA, Museum of Art. Also stopped downtown at the 2 MCASD buildings. Really cool thing--if you are 25 years or younger, you get in free. Thank-you Qualcomm. Had just enough time to stop at the La Jolla branch before they closed. Really trippy exhibit going on there which I will definitely get into more later.

No comments: